They say laughter is the best medicine! If nothing else, it is certainly the cheapest (read as free) and most readily available one there is.
Side effects may include, but not limited to:
- Stomach ache
- Jaw ache
- Spontaneous rolling on the floor
- Your derriere may fall off
- In extreme cases you may wet yourself
Well I said it was free, I didn’t say it didn’t come at a price. We’re clearly a species with a significant gambling addiction because we so often risk those side effects at every given opportunity.
I personally cannot imagine a world where there isn’t an almost instantaneous creation of a meme for pretty much anything that we experience every day, where literally any and everything is fair game.
Memes comfort feeds the part of our human nature that wants to be part of a herd and relate to others. The irony of people wanting a meme [other internet crazes also apply] to go viral may be lost while we have CODID-19, which has done exactly that.
Creating a top ten list of memes and other internet crazes would an inhuman amount of time; quantum computing could solve this. In the meantime, here is one I created earlier and in no particular order 😊
1. Dancing baby – quite frankly this one still freaks me out to this day!
2. Planking – who are you calling a plank?!
3. Elf Yourself – how about you go elf yourself!
4. Bird Box Challenge – surely a challenge designed to lead to a Darwin award nomination!
5. Bottle Cap Challenge – I’ve always wanted to a Kung Fu master!
6. Dab – like being a Kung Fu master, but with only one move! Try again Mr. Gates
7. Hit the Quan – the opening line of this is ‘I’m finna show you how to’…they don’t write ‘em like they used to! Side note, just skip to 52 seconds and watch until 56 seconds!
8. Kiki Challenge – no, she doesn’t love you, no, she’s walking and sorry Drake, she left you!
9. HARLEM SHAKE – results of earthquake resilience testing!
10. Shut Up And Take My Money – your response when you saw the new Tesla Cybertruck? Maybe note quite yet!